May 23, 2010

Gedenkstatte, Museen. The Day My Heart Cried.

I have seen the movies, read the stories, saw the pictures and studied the history, still I did feel.


 Saturday, May 22, 2010 I visited you.

I walked where you walked, sat where you sat and stood where you stood.

I saw where you died.

I could not begin to understand, the anguish you felt, the suffering you withstood.  .  .


.  .  .the horror you accepted as a way of life.


I promised with a heavy heart to remember.

My throat aflame, I stared with blurred vision at your testimonies.

 

I left in anger. The faces of your tormentors burned forever in my mind. It was you who was burned, who was beaten, who was gassed.

But I assure you it will be I who will carry all I saw, all I felt, until forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger